Save the date for August 21st!
Nearby Mandell Park has been undergoing renovation since this past February and they are pleased to be celebrating its completion on Thursday, August 21 with a "Renovation Celebration." This project was made possible through fundraising of over $1 million by Friends of Mandell Park and will feature a larger organic community garden (known as Meredith Gardens), a compost station, a lovely tree-lined area for relaxation and a garden center (made out of a recycled shipping container!).
This is an excellent example of an urban green space within the city, and we are happy that it is a Neartown retreat for Winlow Place residents.
Details about the grand opening and celebration:
- Thursday, August 21 from 9am – 10:30am
- Located at the corner of Richmond and Mandell
- Free and open to the public; refreshments will be served
- Special guests Mayor Parker and Houston Parks and Recreation Department Director Joe Turner are expected to attend
– Thanks to Kay Warhol for passing along information regarding this upcoming event!