You might have noticed that construction recently started on Shepherd Drive around August 4th. Our President, Russel Garrison, was able to attend a meeting regarding this portion of the City's Capital Improvement Plan (CIP). Attached to this blog post are two items he collected: a map and FAQ that you might find helpful in answering questions related to this work.
- This project will be completed in 3 phases over 370 days (through August 9, 2015) and will include new underground utilities as well as new pavement/pavement repair
- The project begins on Shepherd at the intersection of Avalon and moves south to Westheimer; then Westheimer to McDuffie; then they move back up to the intersection at Avalon and proceed north to Chilton
- Details of the three phases are outlined below:
- Phase 1 includes closure of the south-bound lanes (west side of Shepherd Drive) from August 4, 2014 – January 11, 2015
- Phase 2 includes closure of the center section of Shepherd Drive from January 12, 2015 – March 26, 2015
- Phase 3 includes closure of the north-bound lanes (east side of Shepherd Drive) from March 27, 2015 – August 8, 2015
- It is focusing on 400-800 feet of roadway at a time
- Work takes place 24/7 (no off-days), generally from 7am-7pm
- Download the map
- Download the FAQ
Again, please review the map and FAQ for any additional questions regarding the project, or reach out to your Winlow Place Board for items uncovered in those documents.
– by Caroline Garry